I had a lovely time participating in the SCVAS field trip to Charleston Slough.
1. First, we saw several Mockingbird near the bathroom.
2. Immediately after we started walking towards Shoreline Park, we saw Black-Crowned Night-Heron hiding in grass.
3. At the observation deck by the lake, we saw, Great eaglets , Willet, Double-Crested Cormorant, and many many birds and humans.
4. Marbled Godwits, Black-Necked Stilts, Killdeer, Gadwalls, and American Pelicans were in Charleston Slough
5. A beautiful Great Blue Heron was resting on a tree in Adobe creek. A beautiful tiny butterfly (western pygmy blue ?) was in milkweeds near there.